From time to time, some employees need (or would like) to take more vacation time than they have accrued. In such cases, employee may request an advance of future accrual time. Such request must be approved by manager at manager’s discretion only if employee is in good standing. The maximum number of future accrual days than can be advanced depends on how long employee has been with United World Telecom as follows:
- up to 1 day between 3 and 12 months of employment
- up to 2 days between 13 and 24 months
- up to 3 days between 25 and 48 months
- up to 4 days after 48 months
** Note that as of 01/30/09, regardless of the above guidelines, you will need to get back into positive accrual before any further negative accrual is granted.
Additional days will be taken without pay. However, an excessive amount of days taken without pay are not only disruptive to our business but also have a quantifiable cost of benefits provided.
BENEFITS DEPEND ON PAID DAYS
Benefits such as health insurance and vacation time assume 11 (to 17 with seniority) days of vacation per year.
If you take more days as unpaid, then vacation time earned need to be adjusted as follows:
- 12 - 33 days of unpaid time off will cause 1 month worth of accrual time taken back (i.e. between 7.33 to 11.33 hours depending on seniority)
- 34 - 55 days of unpaid time off will cause 1 additional month worth of accrual time taken back (i.e. between 7.33 to 11.33 hours depending on seniority)
In addition, and unless there are special circumstances to be considered at management’s discretion
- for every 12 days of unpaid time off, half of your monthly health insurance coverage will be charged back to you